Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A to Z Challenge: B(e) Kind 366 - D is for Donating Dollars

A major part of B(e) Kind 366 is the fundraising campaign. Every day in 2016 I am doing an act of kindness - random or otherwise - and taking on additional challenges in an effort to raise some funds for three charitable organizations and spread kindness far and wide!

Blogging A to Z is my April challenge! In 2015 I blogged A-Z with lists of potential acts of kindness. Here is last year's D List: Random Acts of Kindness beginning with "D."

Today I decided to DONATE for my act of kindness. 


A month ago the Pimicikamak Cree Nation, also known as Cross Lake First Nation, declared a state of emergency after 140 suicide attempts in two weeks and six suicides in two months. Massive changes need to be made in these remote northern communities. Donating a few dollars definitely isn't going to achieve those required changes, but it's something and I feel a strong need to do...something.

Through my B(e) Kind 366 efforts I am collecting funds for World University Services of Canada, an organization that advocates for refugee rights, specifically access to education, and has changed my life; The Women's Resource Centre, an organization that counsels and supports women and children who have been effected by domestic or family violence; and the Canadian Cancer Society.

If you happen to be in a donating disposition please do; I dare you!

No comments:

Post a Comment