Friday, July 9, 2010

Added Inspiration

This is my friend, Michelle, but, perhaps, I should clarify: This is my friend, Michelle earlier today. If you can't tell from the photo, allow me to point out that she is sitting in a salon, about to have her hair cut.
This is my friend, Michelle after first getting a salon-style buzz cut and then an, only-slightly-botched, at-home shave. This is my friend, Michelle, and she is Rockin' the Bald Head!

Like me, this is something Michelle has wanted to do for a long time. So, today, July 9th - no guts no glory - and she got it done. If I didn't already have enough inspiration to trade in my lengthy locks for beautiful baldness, Michelle only added to the pile. An envelope full of pony tails of Michelle's untreated, naturally brown, hair is on its way to Evelyn's Wigs in Lorette, MB where it will be turned into a wig for children with cancer. Donations to the Cancer Society can be made here:

http://convio.cancer.ca/goto/mcorbett

Michelle's blog and plight to baldness in her own terms can be found here:
http://indigoblooms.blogspot.com/2010/07/rocking-brush-cut.html


Can't wait to look just like her!

1 comment: